Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Great book

Life Touches Life by Lorraine Ash. This is the book that I'm reading. I'm only in chapter 3, but really feel a connection to this woman's story. She does counseling or consulting for mothers of stillbirth. I think that I'll email her to at least thank her for the book. She's included this poem (It's to her stillborn daughter, Victoria):

To our little Sister

May our Mother the Earth guide your tiny feet,
May our Father the Sky keep his arms around you,
May our Grandmother the Sun warm your cold days,
May our Grandfather the Moon keep the light in your heart,
May the Star People light their fires on your path to heaven,
and may the Holy Spirit always shield you from the pain.
Blessings to you, Victoria Helen Ash

-Brian Standing Bear

This makes me think of Isaac and smile to know that he's taken care of. She also talks of walking with her child one day in heaven. It makes me think differently of death, one day when I pass, I will get to see our son again.

No comments: