Monday, February 28, 2005

And I was running...

So I ran for the first time since August on friday. It went pretty well. It felt so good to move and get the jitters out. I've been walking for the past four weeks. But nothing gets things moving like running. It's such a great stress relief and it feels so good to be sore. I think that I'm going to try to be more active next time around. I was active last time, but I think I'm going to try to swim more, etc. It's just such a big difference between running a triathlon in june and then turning around and doing zilch.

My aunt called yesterday. She had a still born baby at 38 weeks about 30 years ago. it was good to talk to her and get a little perspective after the fact. She says that she STILL thinks about that baby frequently. That makes me feel good that we won't forget Isaac so easily. That's one of my fears. Everything about him is still very vivid in my memory, I don't want to lose that. I'm glad that we have pictures, too. That helps to remind us. But I don't have any pictures of his hands or his ears. We were more worried about the big picture. Now I want to remember the details. Too late, I guess.

i was reading a blog yesterday that compared stillborn babies to shooting stars. They are here such a brief time, but their impact is great. It's true.

No comments: