Thursday, March 03, 2005

One down, one to go

So I got an update from Target registry yesterday in the mail. I just realized that we did do registries over christmas (only for the fear that we may not get the same days off again before the baby was born). I checked them all, we were still listed as due June 12. Weird. It sort of shocked me, as does any of the stuff that arrives in the mail that I so care-freely signed up for during pregnancy. Add to that American Baby magazine, stuff from our insurance company or updates from babies-r-us. Ugh.

The registry thing from Target made me remember that right before that fateful day that we got the bad news about Isaac, I had been talking happily to my mom and sister about the shower that they would throw. I was so excited to think of the celebration of our future child at the shower. now that's all down the tubes. My shower would have been in April, that makes me feel empty.

I hope that we get pregnant again before our due date for Isaac. Something about having my own little secret during that time makes me feel hopeful inside. It might make me feel less sad when all of my pregnant friends deliver :). I've been temping and can't quite figure out what is going on with my body. I'm pretty sure I'm having my first Aunt Flow right now. Which is a positive because we need to have two of those before trying again. So, it's one down and one to go. April is starting to look pretty good.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh yuck. That just sucks. I make Marc screen the mail now. I kept getting the "You're however many weeks" e-mails too. It just sucks. How about the formula? They haven't sent that? Blech.

I hope you do get pg before the due date. BUT mine was not as bad as I thought. I think they dread is worse that the actuality.

Amanda said...

Oh Holly. I know what you're feeling - I'm going through the same thing. Today I got the dreaded "You're 8 months!" booklet and the new, springtime baby cataloges are all rolling in. It doesn't make me cry anymore though, just really really sad.

And the baby shower...ugh. My sister and mom had booked the place where it would be the week I told them I was pregnant. It should be next Sunday, March 13th. I had wanted to register before but I promised DH we'd wait until we found out what it was either way. We found out and registered 4 days before our loss. Sigh.

I'm sorry any of us have to go through this. I'm hoping you get a BFP before your due date! I'm wishing it for you.