Saturday, March 26, 2005

Connections

I think it's strange to see two people walking down the street together talking to other people on their cell phones. What's wrong with the person that you are with that you can't talk to them? Are they too boring or do you talk to them too much, therefore you need to call someone else to talk to? Maybe they're talking to each other on their cell phones. I work at a university and have observed this phenomenon many times. Every time that I see it, it baffles me. The other thing that kills me is when you are sitting at, say, breakfast with someone and their cell phone rings. They pick it up and proceed to have a 10 minute conversation with the person on the other end of the line. Meanwhile you and everyone else at the table don't want to talk to loud, in order so that the person on the phone can hear. Just don't answer the phone - that is unless you are expecting some dire phone call. What has our society come to that we are resulting to this sort of communication? I think it's sad. This is what today's youth comes to expect from their friends. I work at a university with a speaking tradition. That is, when you walk by someone, you are to make eye contact and say hello. Of course this is not MANDATORY, but expected. It is a tradition that our founding fathers put into place to encourage civility on campus. In the past year or two, the frequency of people NOT speaking or even looking at you because they are on their cell phone with someone ELSE has greatly increased. I would even guess that only 40% of students make eye contact and speak. This is not right. Hang up the fucking phone, for God's sake.

I'm freaking out. I think I might be pregnant. Is this possible? If so, are we doomed? I really didn't think that I was ovulating this month, so we weren't using protection. We only BD three times. Now my last chart is starting to look just like my chart in september when we conceived. I would be ecstatic if I were pregnant, but in some ways I'm thinking 'Oh no, it's too soon!'. It's been eight and a half weeks since Isaac's birth (January 27) and I've had one AF. Any feedback? Maybe I'm just stressing for nothing. But I can't help but be worried. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

We get to meet our dog tomorrow. I can't wait. I'm going to take pics to share. We probably won't get her for another week because I'm going on vaca on tuesday. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! I don't know what to tell you. I will just say that I am hoping that you get a BFP if you want one now. I know it will be scary, but it will also be exciting. Good luck!

Amanda said...

Hi Holly!

I tried emailing you back but had no luck. I hope you had a nice Easter.

Anyway, WOW! My doctor told me after one cycle, there was really no reason to wait so no, I don't think you are doomed at all.

Here's hoping you get that BF..whatever it is you want most :) And if that's a BFP, I'm the first one who wants to celebrate with you!