Thursday, March 10, 2005

Surveying the scene....

So my best friend just told me that she's thinking about being ready to start trying. I think that's fantastic. I think it's a real sign of healing that I'm so happy for her. Right? I mean, as I look around us, I realize that tons of people are pregnant. It seems like every day there is someone new who is saying "Did you know that so and so is pregnant?" What the heck? Maybe it's just the times and the age. But I seriously know at least eight other people in my circle of people who are pregnant in this town. I mean come on...is it in the water? I hope so, because I plan to drink it full throttle pretty soon. Maybe it's just God getting me geared up to start trying again. I am ready now. I wasn't a two weeks ago, but I am now. Isn't it funny how that works? Time does heal. I haven't had a hard time dealing with my pg friends in a while, no hard friends. Honestly. I just hope that we get pregnant right away when we start trying.

I'm thinking of scrapbooking my photos and memories of Isaac's delivery. I think that will be therapeutic. I'm not even a scrapbooker, but my sister is. I am creative and something about the idea of creating something for Isaac makes me feel happy inside. I don't just want to throw all the photos and cards into a box to be shoved under the bed. I want to celebrate the life that we were so eagerly looking forward to.

I just stumbled onto a new blog that I plan to check out more frequently. Totally not related to my situation, but a nice vacation from it anyway. Cooking with Amy is a cheery and colorful site about food preparation and reviews and such. I'm nowhere near San Francisco, but I am interested in some of the things that she offers there. I plan to return to check it out again. Just thought that I would share.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I know just what you're talking about. Thank you for all the support you gave me. If there's anything I can do to return it, please let me know. I'm certainly grappling with the same questions.