Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm a Man Eater

Yeah, so my husband thinks that I am "using" him for his sperm. Whatever. Welcome to TTC, buddy. I just laughed when he said it this morning. He is bitching because I never want sex this much usually, but now that we are trying to get pg, I want it. I assured him that this is the case with all couples TTC. We were TRYING to use the SMEP this month. But my body is screwed up, it is now CD 18 and I think I'm ovulating today. Of course, I had timed SMEP for ovulation on CD 15. Needless to say, we're a little off. Now I'm scrambling to try to time things correctly. We've had sex 8 times in the last 12 days....my bad. Why is DH bitching about this? I have no idea. I wish he would go stuff it. The truth is that I am using him for his sperm. I want to get pregnant, dammit. I'm not willing to waste this month because he's not in the mood. I told him last night the he never bitches about this when we're on vacation in Mexico. He wants to do it every day there. He says "This is not Mexico". No shit sherlock. I told him I would make him a margarita and we could eat salsa if it would make him have sex with me. It was hot enough here last night to pass for Mexico. I just hope it's all worth it.

Not much else to report. I've had a very productive week in the garden. Our dog has been in the hospital for an ear infection - $500 later she is finally better. I made a new friend at the coffee shop. I have agreed to host my friend's baby shower in June with another friend of ours (I feel much better about this now). Summer weather is here and I couldn't be more happy - got my first sunburn of the year on tuesday. I handed in my letter of resignation at work and I feel like a monkey is off my back. Note: I am also freaked out about not making a salary next year. I nailed my history final and am one more class to being finished with my teaching certificate. Hmmm...that's about my week in a nutshell. I'll post more later.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Holly.

You and I are having such similar problems it's scary. I am on cd18 also. Dh and I are quickly finding out that it's impossible to bd every day and NOT have it be mechanical. But another 4 days is ahead of us, I'm going to have to think of something creative to make it less robotic.

Hang in there - email me if you need to vent!

Amanda

Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

We actually lit candles and turned out the lights the other night, just for a little change-up! Good luck!

Anna said...

OMG, I just blogged this same thing. My DH is driving me crazy. I swear, he's acting like a woman..."I'm tired, I don't feel like it..." I think he's freaked out about it, personally. I just finished 100 mg of Clomid and I hope it wasn't for nothing. Gotta think of something to make DH forget that he's just a sperm donor for the next several days. :)

Hope you get your BFP! Good luck!

Jillian said...

We are having the same week! Never sure of the true date of O and attacking DH at every chance. One more night of it tonight and then a rest period - phew!

I get so hurt and angry when he tries the whole 'you only want me for my sperm' line on me. Thank God he's been playing nice this month!

GOOD LUCK!