Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"It" has hit me...

62. I am a personal trainer
63. I hate snowball fights
64. I have been scuba diving, rock climbing, parasailing, bungee jumping, and sky diving.
65. I am now afraid to ride roller coasters...what happened to me?
66. My favorite foods are probably pizza and icecream.
67. I don't think I have a favorite color. It used to be green, but now I love all color.
68. I am hypothyroid.

Of course I thought of these after I posted yesterday.

Today was my first day at school. I love my supervising teacher. She has been teaching for 40 years. I have so much to learn from her...she's so good that the local coffee shop has a blend named after her. Imagine! I will go back on friday for my first "official" day. That will be a whole day affair. Of course, next week we are back at it again. The students report next Wednesday! I really can't wait, this is something that we have been planning for so long.

Honestly, we have completely changed the face of my life...all for the life growing inside of me. Actually, we changed it all for Isaac. But now I have been forced to change my focus to this little one inside. Not that I have forgotten Isaac, if anything pregnancy has made me reflect more on his brief life inside my body. I can't stop thinking of him and how things were last time. But I have been way more calm than I would have thought. I guess that I'm subscribing to the thought that if something is wrong right now, I can't change it. I am being the best mom that I can be in trying to exercise, eat well, get lots of sleep, etc. I just have to trust in that. It's not that I'm not worrying at all or that nothing at all might happen. Just that I realize that I am not the one in control. That's been sort of good for me. God has a plan, I and the baby inside of me are just a small part of that. I'm at peace with that. I also feel at peace with the place where we are right now....the next chapter. I am ready for this next child. So is Bryan. He kisses my belly each morning before he leaves and each day when he returns from work. I love it. I think he definately feels more of a connection to this baby, earlier than he did with Isaac. He thinks it's going to be a girl. Either way, he is so excited. I love this part...

As for how I'm feeling...pretty good. I've been very gassy and extremely tired. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through full days of school next week. I was only there for about three hours yesterday and I took a 1 1/2 hour nap when I got home! And of course I'm starving. I actually cut my workout short today because I need to get some food in my belly ASAP. Starting to feel nauseous. It seems like whatever I eat, I am filled up like a hot air balloon with gas. Pleasant thought, I know. That's me in a nutshell, pretty classic pg symptoms, I guess. That's good, keep 'em coming!

5 comments:

Muddystingbee said...

You sound very calm and healthy about everything - that's great. Nothing but good wishes for these next few months!

What subject will you be teaching?

Susie said...

Keep those symptoms coming! I am pulling for you and Bryan and this new little one!

Kate said...

LOL... when I was pregnant with Brody, and Brent would do something to piss me off, I'd threaten to fart him into oblivion. Worked like a charm.

Sara said...

Fellow teacher! :-) I didn't know!!

The tiredness has hit me, too. I want to sleep my way through the week. I swear I could do it, just need to get up and pee.

Jillian said...

I'm glad your little one is making an impact! That's great news:)