Monday, June 13, 2005

Observations from our trip thus far....

So yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought. As Roxanne said before, it's more the build up and idea of the day that is bad. We had a nice service, which opened up the communication lines between DH and I. We had good conversations following the service about Isaac and also about any future children. The tree looks great, I hope it doesn't die while we're gone. Wouldn't that be ironic? My friend is coming out to water it. DH and I spent the entire day together, listened to a book on tape on the drive to Indiana, went to dinner, went swimming at the hotel, and said a quiet prayer for Isaac before we went to bed. All in all a pretty good day, considering.

So several observations from my trip thus far:
1. Indiana is so flat. I keep forgetting that while I live in Virginia. It's startling. As a result of the flatness, I had the best run this morning. Indianapolis has a great canal walk thing that is three miles long. Perfect for a run. I think tomorrow we'll try to venture into the city.

2. I saw a bum sleeping on a table at the beginning of my run. I saw an elderly couple eating breakfast at the same table at the end of my run. Ew. We don't have bums in my small town of 6000...they fascinate me.

3. We nearly drove into a tornado yesterday, I'm just sure of it. The skies were green, with lots of thunder, rain, and lightening. There were tornado warnings surrounding us. Welcome home, toto.

4. My convention sucks. I think it's a combination of the fact that I don't have a friend to hang out with (as I have had in the past) and the fact that athletic trainers are a bunch of ass kissers. I'm not into that. I just don't believe in sucking up, which is the base of networking in this profession.

That's it for now....still no real sign of pg. I think my boobs might be bigger...which I DON'T need.

3 comments:

laura said...

holly, that's great that your service opened up communication between the two of you. what a lovely gift from isaac. :)

Susie said...

So glad you and your husband are having some time together. Sorry about the sucky convention.

Thinking of you.

susie
notahabit

Roxanne said...

Eeeek...when are you going to test? Your chart looks good!