Saturday, June 11, 2005

Isaac Christian

Birth Date: January 27, 2005
Time: 12:24 am
Weight: 13.2 oz.
Length: 10 1/2 inches
Estimated Due Date: June 12, 2005

Do you know that we chose the name Isaac Christian after we found out that all was wrong with our little one. We originally liked other names, although Isaac was on the list of final three. It means "He who laughs" in Hebrew. We chose it because it's a biblical name and it brings positive thoughts to our minds when we think of it. We wanted something with meaning. It's also the name of a saint. Christian means "with Christ", which I believe he is. Ironically enough, it's also the name of our high risk doctor.

We are planting a tree tomorrow and having a memorial service with just my husband and I. I'm sort of looking forward to it, a chance to close one chapter and open the next. Each day, I think of the little boy that we lost and all that could have been. I believe that he brings me surprises - today he brought me the smell of honeysuckle during my entire run with the dog. He continues to bring a smile to my lips and warmth to my heart every day with his memory. We miss him so much.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

Holly, I hope your day isn't too much to bare.

You little boy will be with you as you honour him.

Anam Cara said...

Holly

Wishing you peace on this difficult day. I'll be thinking of you guys and
your little Isaac (beautiful name by the way.

Lots of love.

Carolyn Tucker, MA, LAPC said...

Holly,

I will be praying for you tomorrow. I see How you are honoring your son and honoring God by looking for blessings in your life. They are there, and you are wise to see them in fragrant flowers, in your strong body, in people who pray for you. I will pray for God to sustain you tomorrow.
Love,Rose

BTW- we named the baby I lost last year due to a cord accident Christian. He is with Christ too.

Anna said...

Holly, I will be praying for you tomorrow. I can't imagine what you are feeling...Isaac Christian is with God, you can be sure, and he is smiling down as you honor him and his memory. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs across the miles...
Anna

Susie said...

I'll be thinking of you and your husband and Isaac tomorrow, Holly. I wish you peace and love.

susie
notahabit

Roxanne said...

Holly,
I'm thinking about you today and hoping that this day will be meaningful for you.

laura said...

holly, i hope tomorrow will be the best day possible. i felt about our memorial service for our son that, if we had to have that day, it was the best day it could have been. i hope it brings you the comfort our service brought us.

we are not religious, but we chose christian as hans's middle name, too - i think it's beautiful. and we have talked about isaac for our next child. small world.

your son has a beautiful name - as beautiful as i'm sure he was.