Thursday, February 24, 2005

Where have my marbles gone?

What is it they say...not the sharpest knife in the drawer, a few eggs short of a dozen, or that someone has lost their marbles? That's how I feel. I am losing it. I managed to park in a parking spot yesterday and walk into dinner without even noticing that I hadn't parked in a spot, but rather in the space of a driveway. I was blocking the driveway the entire way through dinner. I got a ticket and nearly got towed. Did I notice that there was no curb when I got out of the car? No. Did I notice that there were no signs next to my spot designating it as a two hour spot? No. Did I notice the driveway next to me when I was walking away. Of course, no. Because I seem to be walking around this world with my head squarely up my ass. What is wrong with me? I also managed to leave my dress clothes for dinner in my mom's car when she came up for lunch yesterday. She lives an hour away. So I went to dinner in sweat pants because I didn't have time to drive all the way home after work before dinner. Classy. I feel like every day things happen and I don't even notice. How long can I continue this cycle? I don't feel responsible enough to be at work. Peoples lives are in my hands, I should be paying attention!

My sister and I are going to disney world in April with my two nephews. I can't wait. I think that a vacation would be good for me. Maybe it will be torture to see all those kids, but I plan to lose myself like I'm a kid again in the fun. I hope it works.

You know, I really like therapy. I used it when my parents divorced, later when my father and I were working out our irreconcilable differences (we never did work them out), when my long term boyfriend and I broke up (we ended up mostly talking about my alcoholic father). Why NOT now? This is the most life altering event that I have ever experienced. It might be good for me. May need to talk to DH about this.

No comments: