Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Update

FF pisses me off...I just had to pay $17 bucks just to check the boards. I wouldn't mind, except one of my buddy groups is a major source of support. Hoenstly, there are so many free opportunities out there to share with other expecting moms. But there is only one group (that I know of) that offers the same support and has been through the same tough decisions that I have been through. I think we might move the buddy group....but I already shelled out the $$. I do have to say that I completely understand where FF is coming from, they offer such a service and I don't blame them for asking people to cough up some change. But I don't have any $$ right now to pay for a FF VIP membership...and for that same reason, I think they may lose customers. I think that is unfortunate, that is where I have found most of you all for goodness sake. And what would I do without the support of the people here?? Not to mention how many other people who are turning away - the support network will probably crumble. I guess we'll see.

Lance Armstrong got engaged to Sheryl Crow. I watched Oprah today and it brought tears to my eyes. I must still be pregnant, I cry at the drop of a hat. I actually had an all out bawling episode last night while I was walking the dog. I guess you could say that I feel guilty. I just wish that Isaac was here with us and I feel guilty that I'm so excited for this other baby. Then I feel guilty that if we had Isaac, there wouldn't be any other baby. Where would that leave us then? I don't know, I've been trying to talk to Isaac every day and get every emotion out that I'm feeling. I can't stand to keep it bottled up.

As for pregnancy symptoms, they're dwindling. Last week, my boobs were huge and sore. Now either I've gotten used to them or maybe they're not as big? And they're definately not as sore. I still have terrible gas, but how do I know that's not from what I ate last night? I'm definately still nauseous/hungry feeling sometimes, but I just keep thinkiong something is wrong. I don't know, it's like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've heard other people in the same situation say the same thing, but I never understood it until now. My cat jumped on my belly this weekend, I hope that nothing is wrong now. He landed right where the baby could have been. I'm just trying to count on the fact that there's lots of padding in there on the outside and also in the inside...but I'm still a nervous wreck. This entire pregnancy is going to be this way and I think I might go crazy.

Okay, I need to go for now. My computer time is up :( I'll check in soon.

7 comments:

Kathy McC said...

I couldn't justify spending the money on FF...makes me sad, really. But at least I can keep in touch with all you girls.

snarflemarfle said...

I'm with you on the FF thing. I already had a VIP membership, but some of the girls in my BGs didn't. We set up a yahoo group for us that seems to be working ok.

Take it easy and remember stress isn't good for you or your growing little one!

Roxanne said...

I already had the VIP membership...so I stayed.

I know it's hard! When is your next ultrasound???

S said...

If you're interested, one of the FF girls that's in my bg and her dh started another board, that's free. If your group wants to move and stay together, go here:

http://www.fertilityfamily.com

Jillian said...

I know what it's like to wait for the other shoe to drop but in a logical world, symptoms start to ease anywhere from 10 weeks on.

And as I was told by numerous professionals after I thought my m/c was due to one of the kids jumping on me, that the only way a blow to the stomach would cause loss is if it were a very large strong man trying very hard to actually kill the baby.

One foot in front of the other, you'll get there eventually:)

Catherine said...

Don't keep it bottled up. Vent, rant, cry, whatever you have to do to stay sane.

Sally said...

I was also a part of FF as a non-paying member. I wrote to them, and the response was something like "We're a charting site not a free board site." Well, I do wish they had given us some notice so we could check on our posts. I was able to get into a buddy group where I posted. I don't think it was right of them to not give any notice, and I believe they will lose customers. I'm looking to go somewhere else, and I thought about Baby Center or Ovusoft. This has upset me too!