Friday, September 23, 2005

10 weeks

It seems impossible that I'm 10 weeks pregnant. It also seems impossible that I have 30 more weeks of worrying like I have for the past 7. How will I make it? Ugh. I'm predicting a change over to maternity clothes here in the next 2 weeks. I'm getting thick around the middle. And I can't wait for our ultrasound on October 11. I might go crazy before then. I keep worrying that I'm just getting fatter because I'm eating more. And that I'm eating more because I just "think" I'm still pregnant. What if I've lost the baby and just don't know it yet. That's what keeps going through my mind. Ugh. Okay, school is about to start. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

snarflemarfle said...

Somehow, I thought you were further along than 10 weeks! Here's how my husband and I dealt with the constant worry issue: He worries about the baby (and I am allowed to give him specific things to worry about) and I carry the baby. I'm just supposed to focus on keeping the little pebble safe. It's working for us!

I hope everything continues to go well for you and October 11th will be here...eventually!

Susie said...

Boy, I remember feeling just the same at 10 weeks. Hang in there, Holly! You are doing great!

October 11 is just around the corner... but I can definitely understand how the waiting can make you crazy! I am thinking of you!

Roxanne said...

Ummm...I do the same thing now. I am obsessed with my hunger...am I hungry enough...is it real hunger or imagined hunger? This is probably why I've gained 25 pounds. Whoops.

Yeah for 10 weeks!!!!!! 2 more until you're into the second trimester. Just try and set little goals and maybe that will help.

Kate said...

I think the first trimester just drags. It's terrible.

Have you thought about renting a doppler? I rented one from BabyBeat.com starting when I was about 10 weeks. It was so reassuring to be able to listen to the baby when I'd have freak-outs! I kept it until 18 weeks when I could feel him moving pretty regularly. Anyway, I figured my sanity was worth $20/month. :)

Jillian said...

You and me both! I so wish I could go on a diet...by the time I have eaten my way to 10 weeks I will look like a blimp!

I would like to tell you that Oct 11 is very close, but that's when my scan's scheduled too and it seems like a million years away! Only 2 and a half weeks now...breathe....

laura said...

i am so right there with ya, baby.