Thursday, December 08, 2005

20w 5d

Yesterday was the landmark - 20w 5d...that is the point that we lost Isaac. We have passed that point, I wish I could breathe a little easier now. Tomorrow will be 21 weeks...we're registering for gifts, signing up for baby classes, working on the nursery. I don't know, part of me just feels like I'm playing pretend. I'm fearful to be optimistic....this kid deserves a little optimism, right? It all just seems so real, I mean it KNOW it's real (all too well). I guess I'm just afraid to get too attached, like anything can go wrong any time (which it can). It's just weird...I just want to be the happy, fearless pregnant woman. That couldn't be further from the truth.

On a fun note, we were at the men's basketball game of the university where DH works last night and this baby was going crazy. It was a really close game and both sets of fans were really loud, the cheerleaders were loud, and of course the game was loud. I guess it just made him want to squirm...maybe we have a basketball player inside. Who knows?

3 comments:

laura said...

halfway! you get to coast from here, right?

Roxanne said...

Yeah for getting past the "bad" point. It is scary, I know, but you are getting through it. Keep your chin up. It's worth it!!!!

AJW5403 said...

That is great that not only are you half way through but you are past the point of sadness from you son. I will only get better from here on out.